March 4, 2008

No Bra - Munchausen



This is just a quick continuation on the 10 Bands That Defy Normativity post that I had back in early February. This is a transgendered performance piece by No Bra.

Awesome beats, genderbender, and just plain fun. No Bra even plays off user's comments and makes them hir own.

I feel it is important to create some space on this blog for some alternative thoughts and to broadcast videos like No Bra. While Visibility Alert is a critique of how minorities are actually being represented in pop culture, I hope to create room to promote people who fall in alternative spheres. I guess you can call it a form of reclamation.

This is also an invite to all readers to submit links to other alternative bands, films, and what not. Showcasing various trends is my goal and with an active audience, we can make it happen.

1 comment:

SRS LWLS said...

I love No Bra.
As you know.